Marx-Engels | Lenin | Stalin | Home Page
Politburo And The Church, Kremlin Archives
N. Petrovsky, S.G. Petrov
On confiscation of church valuables
"Minutes No. 1 of the meeting of the Donkom RCP (b) bureau" on measures for the confiscation of church valuables dated March 11, 1922
Present: Zhakov, Muralov.
The chairman is also secretary Zhakov.
1. Report comrade. Muralova on the events in the city in connection with the seizure of church property.
1. Considering the measures taken by the DPO to protect the Commission as unsatisfactory, put in full view of Comrade Emelyanov the lack of management.
2. Noting the inadequacy of the administrative technique of confiscation of church property, to propose to the Commission on Seizure to organize in the morning of March 13 a meeting of the Commission on the detailed development of a technical plan for the inventory, conduct and seizure of church property, using the information of D.P.O. and reducing work in churches to the minimum required only for legal registration and preservation of the prestige of power.
3. Pretend that the Agitprop Department does not comply with the resolution of the DC of 5.III. the lack of consideration of the entire significance and consequences of the seizure of church property in general. Propose to develop vigorous agitation among the troops, the rural population, workers' organizations and urban residents by issuing leaflets, organizing meetings, reports, meetings, lectures, etc.
4. To consider it necessary to take decisive repressive measures against persons opposing the implementation of the decree and inciting the population as against instigators of a counterrevolutionary rebellion and armed resistance to the Sov. authorities, for which they propose to the CEC to issue a corresponding order, DPO to investigate the events of March 11 and bring the perpetrators to the strictest responsibility.
5. Propose to the Commission and Agitprop. The department should draw attention to the particularly careful preparation of the seizure of church property in the districts.
The chairman, he is also the secretary Zhakov.
- L. 47-48. Certified typewritten copy dated July 8, 1958.
- APRF, f. 3, op. 1, d.269, l. 12. Draft minutes of the Politburo meeting. Typewritten original, signature - autograph "Mikhail Zhakov". Above, crossed out litter: "Orgotd [ate]" and litter by VM Molotov's hand in red ink: “ Comrade Burakov [oh] , to the material. 29 / III. (V. Molotov].) ". Here is the incoming number of the Central Committee of the RCP (b) with the date "24 / III-22".