Marx-Engels | Lenin | Stalin | Home Page
Soviet Archives - Collection of Government Documents on Workers
From the Collection of enactment and decrees of the government for 1921, Administration of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSRDownload PDF this collection
About disciplinary sanctions for violation of official discipline in Soviet institutions. ( Izv. No. 20, S. U. 8‐58 ).
Article No. 58.
Decree of the All‐Russian Central Executive Committee
On disciplinary sanctions for violation of official discipline in Soviet institutions.
In accordance with the resolution of the 8th All‐Russian Congress of Soviets and amending the decree of April 26, 1920 (No. 32, article 155 ), the All‐Russian Central Executive Committee decides:
In order to raise and strengthen discipline in Soviet institutions, introduce the following rules on the imposition of penalties for violation of official discipline:
1. Disciplinary sanctions are imposed:
On the members of local Executive Committees and their Presidiums, both consisting of Heads of Departments and not being them ‐ the Presidium of the All‐Russian Central Executive Committee and the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars.
For members of county, volost and rural Executive Committees ‐ by the Presidium of the Provincial Executive Committees.
For members of the rural municipality and rural Executive Committees ‐ by the Presidium of the County Executive Committees.
2. Disciplinary sanctions are imposed by the Peopleʹs Commissar on all employees of the central and local institutions of his department, while the members of the Collegiums are imposed only on the employees of the departments they are in charge of and the corresponding P / Departments of local institutions, and they inform the Peopleʹs Commissioner.
3. Disciplinary penalties are imposed by the Presidium of Provincial Executive Committees and County Executive Committees on employees of all institutions and departments subordinate to them, and by the Heads of Provincial Departments on employees of their department.
4. The Presidium of the local Executive Committee is notified of the imposition of disciplinary sanctions on members of the Executive Committee, and the head of the relevant Department is notified of the imposition of disciplinary sanctions on employees.
5. The above institutions and persons may be subject to the following disciplinary sanctions:
b) reprimand with publication in the press,
c) arrest for up to two weeks.
Note . Heads of Provincial Departments do not have the right to impose arrest as a disciplinary measure.
6. The disciplinary sanctions imposed in accordance with this provision are entered by the institution in which the person who was punished serves in a special book and are carried out according to the employeeʹs personal file.
7. The Presidium of the Provincial Executive Committee, subject to a unanimous decision, has the right, in the event of emergency work by a member of the Executive Committee subject to arrest, to postpone the execution of the penalty imposed on him by one week.
On further postponement, the Provincial Executive Committee is obliged to seek the consent of the institution that imposed the penalty. Signed by:
Chairman of the All‐Russian Central Executive Committee M.
Kalinin . , Secretary of the All‐Russian Central Executive
Committee A. Yenukidze .
January 27, 1921.
Published in No. 20 Izvestia of the All‐Russian Central Executive
Committee of Soviets dated January 30, 1921.