Marx-Engels | Lenin | Stalin | Home Page
Soviet Archives - Collection of Government Documents on Workers
From the Collection of enactment and decrees of the government for 1921, Administration of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSRDownload PDF this collection
On abolition of the collection of payments for living quarters from workers and employees and for the use of water supply, sewerage and cleaning, gas and electricity and public baths from state institutions and enterprises and their workers and employees, and on the extension of these benefits to disabled persons of labor and war and persons who are at their expense. ( Izv. No. 20, S. U. 6‐47).
Article No. 47.
Decree of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars.
1. To abolish everywhere, from January 1, 1921, the collection of payments for living quarters occupied by workers and employees, including those who are their dependents, in nationalized and municipalized houses.
2. To abolish everywhere from the same period the collection of payments for the use of water supply, sewerage and purification, gas and electricity, public baths from state institutions and enterprises, as well as from workers and employees employed in these institutions and enterprises, including persons who are at their dependent.
3. The rights of state institutions, as well as their workers and employees in the sense set forth in paragraphs 1‐2 of this decree, shall also be granted to the All‐Russian Central Council of Trade Unions and the All‐Russian Central Union of Consumer Societies with all central and local organizations that are part of these institutions.
4. The above cases of cancellation of the collection of fees shall also apply to all disabled veterans and labor, to the wives, widows, children and parents of the Red Army and military sailors and to all persons under the care of the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Social Security or the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Health.
5. To postpone from institutions and persons eligible for this decree all arrears accumulated by January 1, 1921 for the services and living quarters specified in this decree.
6. The use of the services and living quarters specified in this decree is limited by certain norms, which must be established by February 1, 1921 by Peopleʹs Commissariat of Internal Affairs in agreement with the relevant Peopleʹs Commissariats.
Chairman of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars V. Ulyanov (Lenin) .
N. Gorbunov, Administrator of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars .
Secretary L. Fotieva .
January 27, 1921.
Published in No. 20 Izvestia of the All‐Russian Central Executive
Committee of Soviets dated January 30, 1921.