Marx-Engels | Lenin | Stalin | Home Page
Soviet Archives - Collection of Government Documents on Workers
From the Collection of enactment and decrees of the government for 1921, Administration of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSRDownload PDF this collection
On the regulation of workersʹ wages. ( Izv. No. 70, S. U. 27‐154 ).
Decree of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars.
In order to improve the situation of workers, settle and eliminate red tape in the matter of wages, the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars decides:
1. Cancel from May 1 p. d. restrictions on extra earnings with piecerate bonuses, giving all workers, increased productivity and a conscientious attitude: to work, to increase their earnings, regardless of the percentage of the amount of earnings to the basic wage rate.
The cancellation of the limitation of earning in should in no case be the basis for lowering the rate, the production of workers.
2. In accordance with this, § 68 of the Normal Tariff Regulations ‐ to cancel (1920, No. 61‐62, Art. 276 ).
3. To grant the right to local industrial authorities, in agreement with local associations of Trade Unions, to introduce simplified wage systems so that all workers have access to the link between their productivity and the amount of wages.
4. They should also be given the right to introduce, if necessary, simple piece‐rate wages or to hand over to groups of workers of enterprises one or another work by agreement with them, with the indispensable participation of a representative of the Tariff Commission of the Trade Union in the enterprise.
5. To propose to the All‐Russian Central Council of Trade Unions to revise the system of tariff zones and to publish their main changes so that the changes in the zones come into force on June 1 this year. g.
6. Propose to all Provincial Councils of Trade Unions within 2 weeks to revise, together with the Provincial Councils of National Economy, the wage systems operating in the province in order to harmonize them and more equal earnings of homogeneous professions in various enterprises and industries.
7. Suggest the All‐Russian Central Council of Trade Unions to
complete the development of a single tariff for all industries within a month and publish it.
Chairman of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars V. Ulyanov (Lenin) .
N. Gorbunov, Administrator of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars .
Secretary L. Fotieva .
April 7, 1921.
Published in No. 70 Izvestia of the All‐Russian Central Executive
Committee of Soviets dated April 9, 1921.