Marx-Engels | Lenin | Stalin | Home Page
Soviet Archives - Collection of Government Documents on Workers
From the Collection of enactment and decrees of the government for 1921, Administration of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSRDownload PDF this collection
social insurance of persons employed in hired labor. ( Izv. No. 263,
S. U. 76‐627 ).
Article No. 627.
Decree of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars.
On social insurance of persons employed in hired labor.
In amendment of Articles 1‐41 and 46 of the provision on social security of workers of October 31, 1918 (No. 89, art. 906 ), the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars decided:
1. Introduce social insurance for persons employed in hired labor in state, cooperative, public, concession, rental and private enterprises, institutions and farms, extending it to all cases of temporary and permanent disability, in case of unemployment, as well as in case of death.
2. The standards for the provision of the insured are established by a special resolution of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars.
3. Insurance premiums are paid depending on the number of employed persons and the harmfulness of enterprises, institutions and farms by the administration or owners of the latter without the right to tax the insured. Tariffs for social insurance contributions are issued by the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Social Security in agreement with the All‐Russian Central Council of Trade Unions.
The bit rates of the insurance tariff are subject to approval by the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars.
4. The appointment and collection of insurance premiums, as well as the disposal of insurance funds should be concentrated in the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Social Security, and these funds are firmly reserved for the needs of workers and employees without the right to spend them on any other needs.
Note . The procedure for collecting social insurance contributions is established by the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Social Security in agreement with the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Finance and the AllRussian Central Council of Trade Unions. The main vehicle for collecting insurance premiums is the Labor Protection and Social Security Commissions.
Additional apparatus and positions for collecting contributions can be established by the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Social Security only with the approval of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars.
5. In order to achieve maximum control over the correctness of receipt of insurance remuneration, concentrate in the bodies of the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Social Security all control functions for determining the right to social security, as well as for establishing the presence of disability, unemployment and compliance with the relevant rules by the insured.
Note . The procedure for monitoring the establishment of incapacity for work and unemployment is established by the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Social Security in agreement with the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Health and the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Labor by affiliation.
Chairman of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars V. Ulyanov (Lenin) .
N. Gorbunov, Administrator of the Council of Burly Commissars .
Secretary L. Fotieva .
November 15, 1921.
Published in No. 263 Izvestia of the All‐Russian Central Executive
Committee of Soviets on November 23, 1921.