Marx-Engels | Lenin | Stalin | Home Page
Soviet Archives - Collection of Government Documents on Workers
From the Collection of enactment and decrees of the government for 1921, Administration of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSRDownload PDF this collection
On the procedure for accounting and distribution of part‐time work of disabled people (labor and war). ( Izv. No. 248, S. U. 72‐575 ).
Article No. 575.
Decree of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars.
On the procedure for accounting and distribution of part‐time work of disabled people (labor and war).
1. All invalids of labor and war of the 4th and 5th groups have the right to receive labor through the Social Security Departments of the Executive Committees in the manner specified by this decree.
2. All demand for part‐time work of persons with disabilities is concentrated in the Labor Departments of the Executive Committees.
3. The direction of disabled people to work, both collectively and individually, is carried out by the Department of Social Security according to orders and proposals of the Labor Departments.
Note . The collective and individual use of the part‐time work of disabled persons in institutions maintained or organized by the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Social Security is directly entrusted to the
Peopleʹs Commissariat of Social Security and local Social Security Departments.
4. Control over the expedient use of disabled labor is carried out by the Labor Departments in agreement with the Social Security Departments.
5. The latter are sent to jobs available to disabled people first, before all other unemployed people. Work or service is provided to persons with disabilities, whenever possible, in places of permanent residence or previous work.
6. People with disabilities who voluntarily leave work without good reason are deprived of their right to social security.
Note . The respectfulness of the reasons for leaving the disabled person to work is established in each individual case by the Factory Committee or the Local Committee. In the event of an appeal, the issue is transferred to the final decision of the Labor Protection Department of the relevant Trade Union or the body replacing it.
7. The Peopleʹs Commissariat of Education, in agreement with the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Social Security, allocates places in educational institutions and training workshops for training disabled people.
8. To oblige the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Social Security and the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Labor to issue instructions for the application of this decree within two weeks.
Chairman of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars V. Ulyanov (Lenin) .
N. Gorbunov, Administrator of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars .
Secretary L. Fotieva .
October 24, 1921.
Published in No. 248 Izvestia of the All‐Russian Central Executive
Committee of Soviets dated November 4, 1921.