Marx-Engels | Lenin | Stalin | Home Page
Soviet Archives - Collection of Government Documents on Workers
From the Collection of enactment and decrees of the government for 1921, Administration of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSRDownload PDF this collection
Part‐time position. ( Izv. No. 217, S. U. 67‐515 ).
Article No. 515.
Decree of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars.
In repeal of the resolution of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars dated September 18, 1919 ( No. 46, article 449 ) and previously issued general provisions and decrees on part‐time jobs.
1. Combination jobs are allowed for the purpose of using the available forces of qualified workers at least 20‐th category of the tariff in enterprises and labor institutions, without prejudice to the main position, by performing additional work at regular and off‐time hours in another institution (no more than 2 positions, including the main one). combination of jobs is allowed only if there are no persons of the required specialty and qualifications registered in the Labor Departments.
Note 1 . Part‐time work is not considered to be participation in meetings and work of standing committees, scientific and technical councils and pedagogical, scientific and technical work on individual tasks, cultural and educational (lecture, etc.), literary (cooperation, editing, etc.), artistic, due to the lack of workers in these areas, as well as drawing, calculating and all types of piecework and individual assignments performed in addition to the main work on a piecework basis. These types of work are paid in the usual way, like the main position, without requiring special permits.
Note 2 . Combination of subordinate positions is not allowed if one of them has the main task of controlling functions of an economic, administrative, financial, accounting, etc. nature in relation to the rest of the positions held.
Note 3 . Combination of medical workers, in accordance with the decree of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars of July 1, 1921 (No. 52, art. 304 ) is carried out from now on until the change on the previous basis.
2. To carry out a part‐time job, it is required: a resolution of the governing bodies of institutions or enterprises of the place of permanent service and combined on the establishment of a part‐time job for a given person and a visa of a local body of Trade Unions (Factory Committee, Local Committee of Employees).
3. Combination jobs are registered in the Labor Departments.
4. Determination of the amount of remuneration for part‐time jobs is entrusted to the Provincial Councils of Trade Unions.
5. Remuneration for part‐time work is made at special rates established by the All‐Russian Central Council of Trade Unions and approved by the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars.
6. In the event that a part‐time worker for one of the positions is provided with any kind of allowance (ration, heating, clothing, etc.), he is deprived of the right to use this allowance from another institution or enterprise.
7. The perpetrators of violation of these Regulations shall be liable in court.
Chairman of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars V. Ulyanov (Lenin) .
N. Gorbunov, Administrator of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars .
Secretary L. Fotieva .
September 22, 1921.
Published in No. 217 Izvestia of the All‐Russian Central Executive
Committee of Soviets dated September 29, 1921.