Marx-Engels | Lenin | Stalin | Home Page
Soviet Archives - Collection of Government Documents on Workers
From the Collection of enactment and decrees of the government for 1921, Administration of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSRDownload PDF this collection
About supply. workers with milk and fats. ( Izv. No. 175, S. U. 59392 ).
Article No. 392.
Decree of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars.
On supplying workers with milk and fats.
The Council of Peopleʹs Commissars decided:
1. Recognize the need to supply workers with milk replacing it with fats in cases where the consumption of such substances is urgently required by the nature of the work performed.
2. The categories of workers to be supplied with milk and the supply rates are determined by a special instruction developed by the AllRussian Central Council of Trade Unions in conjunction with the Labor Supply Commission.
Note . If it is impossible to supply milk, this is replaced by butter at the rate of 11½ spools of oil instead of 1 bottle of milk.
3. The amount of milk or fat required for the planned and regular supply of workers is acquired by the plant management through the local cooperative association of workers.
4. The monetary funds necessary for the purchase of milk and fats are allocated by the Main Directorates (and in the case of enterprises of the non‐licensed industry, by those subject to the Councils of the National Economy) on a general basis from the amounts specially allocated for this purpose.
5. Issuance of cash equivalent to workers in exchange for milk or fat is not allowed.
6. The procedure for monitoring the implementation of this regulation and monitoring the prevention of any abuse is established by a special instruction of the All‐Russian Central Council of Trade Unions.
Signed by: Chairman of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars V.
For the Administrator of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars V.
Secretary L. Fotieva .
August 4, 1921.
Published in No. 175 of the News of the All‐Russian Central Executive
Committee of Soviets on August 10, 1921.