Marx-Engels | Lenin | Stalin | Home Page
Soviet Archives - Collection of Government Documents on Workers
From the Collection of enactment and decrees of the government for 1921, Administration of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSRDownload PDF this collection
On the provision of workers and employees with temporary disability. ( Izv. No. 237, S. U. 70‐561 ).
Article number 561.
Decree of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars.
As amended by the resolutions of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars of August 12, 1920 (No. 74, p. 343 ) and of January 21, 1921 ( No. 8, p. 53 ) about granting benefits in case of temporary disability, the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars decides:
1. All workers employed in work or employment in state, public and private enterprises, institutions and farms enjoy temporary disability, regardless of the reasons that caused it (illness, injury, pregnancy, childbirth, quarantine, etc.) , the right to preserve in full the name received personally and to family members of all types of monetary and in‐kind allowances and supplies in the amount of their actual normal earnings until the moment of disability.
Note . All types of allowances and supplies specified in clause 1 are issued to workers and employees in case of temporary disability, regardless of the forms of monetary and in‐kind allowance established in the enterprise and institution and the sources of their receipt.
2. Payments and disbursements are made under the control of the Labor Protection Commission of Social Security and local Social Security Departments by the same bodies that make for the ablebodied workers and employees of these enterprises, institutions and farms throughout the entire period of disability, until it is restored or established. bodies of medical examination of the presence of disability, but not more than 4 months from the date of disability.
3. Payment and delivery are made only on condition that the disabled comply with the resolution of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars of April 27, 1920 on combating truancy (No. 36, article 172 ) and the rules issued by the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Social Security and the
Peopleʹs Commissariat of Health.
4. For workers and employees, when they are placed in hospitals, sanatoriums, rest homes, etc., only monetary and apartment allowances are retained, while other types of allowances are supplied only to family members who are dependent on them.
5. In the event of the liquidation of state and private enterprises, institutions and farms after the beginning of temporary disability of workers and employees or in the event of their continued disability for more than 4 months, they are transferred to the provision of social security bodies according to the standards specified in the rules issued by the Peopleʹs Commissariat Social Security.
6. The system of recalculations between the Social Security authorities and enterprises, institutions and farms for the benefits paid by the latter is canceled.
7. Instruct the Peopleʹs Commissariat of Social Security, by agreement with the All‐Russian Central Council of Trade Unions, within two weeks to develop instructions for the application of this Resolution.
Chairman of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars V. Ulyanov (Lenin) .
N. Gorbunov, Administrator of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars .
Secretary L. Fotieva .
October 14, 1921.
Published in No. 237 Izvestia of the All‐Russian Central Executive
Committee of Soviets dated October 22, 1921.