Marx-Engels | Lenin | Stalin | Home Page
Soviet Archives - Collection of Government Documents on Workers
From the Collection of enactment and decrees of the government for 1921, Administration of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSRDownload PDF this collection
Article No. 2 32.
Decree of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars.
Section I. Organization and supply of rest homes
1. Rest houses are organized by the Provincial Councils of Trade Unions in order to provide workers and employees with the opportunity to restore their strength and energy during the annual regular leave they receive in the most favorable and healthy conditions.
Note . The organization of rest homes by individual Trade Unions is allowed only with the permission of the All‐Russian Central Council of Trade Unions.
2. For the organization of holiday homes, first of all, country dachas, former landownersʹ estates, monasteries, etc. are used.
3. At the holiday homes, various types of agriculture are organized depending on local conditions, served by special personnel.
4. Medical assistance and organization of physical culture in rest homes is organized by the Provincial Departments of Health, sanitary supervision ‐ by the Provincial Department of Health in conjunction with the Sanitary Inspection of the Provincial Council of Trade Unions.
5. The supply of food to those in rest homes is carried out by local food organizations in accordance with special standards established by the Commission on Workersʹ Supply, not lower than the ration of the sanatorium.
6. All local Soviet bodies (Housing and Land Departments, Councils of National Economy, Food Committees, Committees of State
Structures, etc.) must satisfy the requests of the Provincial Council of
Trade Unions for organizing rest homes in the first place.
Section II. Conditions and procedure for admission to holiday homes
7. The determination of the order of the queue for admission to rest homes and the distribution of seats between individual unions is carried out exclusively by the All‐Russian Central Council of Trade Unions and the Provincial Councils of Trade Unions.
8. First of all, workers and employees of particularly harmful industries and professions are admitted to rest homes, in accordance with special instructions developed by the All‐Russian Central Council of Trade Unions.
9. The rest homes, organized on the basis of this Decree, do not accept the sick, nervous‐exhausted or in need of enhanced nutrition, special medical supervision after severe infectious diseases and other persons in need of sanatorium treatment and care.
Chairman of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars V. Ulyanov (Lenin).
N. Gorbunov, Administrator of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars .
L. Fotieva, Secretary of the Council of Peopleʹs Commissars .
May 13, 1921.
Published in No. 107 of the News of the All‐Russian Central Executive
Committee of Soviets dated May 19, 1921.