Marx-Engels | Lenin | Stalin | Home Page
Nineteenth Congress of the CPSU (b) - October 5-14, 1952
XIX Congress of the CPSU (b) - The CPSU is the only party congress, the materials of which were not published in a separate publication.
The publication contains pre-congress documents of the Central Committee of the CPSU (b), reports made at the congress, speeches by delegates and guests of the congress, greetings to the congress, decisions taken by the congress and a number of other materials.
On the eve of the opening of the congress in the magazine "Bolshevik" (No. 18) and in the newspaper "Pravda" (No. 277 and 278 of October 3 and 4) the work of I.V. Stalin "Economic problems of socialism in the USSR." On the same days it came out as a separate edition. Since this work largely determined the speeches of the congress participants and the decisions adopted by the congress, it is also included in this publication.
XIX CONGRESS OF THE PARTY
A whole historical era lied between the 18th and 19th Party Congresses. History does not know a period more eventful of world significance than this one:
in the last pre-war years, the development of the national economy and the growth of the defense potential of our country continued;
the world-historical Victory in the Great Patriotic War was won;
in the pre-war years and following the results of World War II, the territory of the USSR expanded, which led to the emergence of new regional and republican party organizations;
in the post-war years, not only was it restored destroyed by the war, but the pre-war level of development of the national economy was significantly exceeded;
atomic weapons were created in the Soviet Union;
the world socialist system has appeared on the international arena;
in many countries of the world, communist and workers' parties have received legal status;
the collapse of the colonial system began;
our country has acquired unconditional international authority;
The Soviet Union became a permanent member of the UN Security Council.
All this meant that fundamentally new tasks of communist construction were on the agenda, which were planned to be formulated and ways to solve them in the new edition of the Party Program.
The 19th Congress will forever remain the only truly triumphant party congress in its entire history.
The 19th congress was the last Stalinist party congress. Therefore, the materials of the congress give a detailed picture of the legacy left behind by Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin as the leader of the Communist Party and the Soviet state, as the recognized leader of the world communist and workers' movement.
The next, XX Congress of the CPSU was not only post-Stalinist, but also anti-Stalinist. The vector of development of the party, society, and country, outlined by the XIX Congress, was broken. This immediately had a negative impact on the international communist and workers' movement and had long-term tragic consequences for the Soviet Union.
For the attention of all organizations of the CPSU (b)
The other day, a plenum of the Central Committee of the CPSU (b) was held in Moscow.
The Central Committee of the CPSU (b) decided to convene the next XIX Congress of the CPSU (b) on October 5, 1952.
The order of the day of the XIX Congress:
1. Report of the Central Committee of the CPSU (b) - speaker Secretary of the Central Committee comrade. Malenkov G.M.
2. Report of the Central Auditing Commission of the CPSU (b) - rapporteur Chairman of the Auditing Commission com. Moskatov P.G.
3. Directives of the XIX Party Congress on the fifth five-year plan for the development of the USSR for 1951 - 1955 - rapporteur Chairman of the State Planning Committee comrade. Saburov M.Z.
4. Changes in the Charter of the CPSU (b) - Reporter Secretary of the Central Committee com. Khrushchev N.S.
5. Election of the central bodies of the party.
The norm of representation and the procedure for electing delegates to the congress:
1) One delegate with a casting vote for 5,000 party members;
2) one delegate with an advisory vote for 5.000 candidates for party members.
3) Delegates to the XIX Party Congress are elected in accordance with the Party Charter by closed (secret) ballot.
4) Delegates from the RSFSR party organizations are elected at party conferences in regions, territories, and autonomous republics. In other union republics, delegates are elected at regional party conferences or at congresses of the communist parties of the union republics - at the discretion of the Central Committee of the communist parties of the union republics.
5) Communists who are members of the party organizations of the Soviet Army, the Navy, and the border units of the MGB elect delegates to the 19th party congress along with other party organizations at regional, territorial party conferences or congresses of the communist parties of the union republics.
Secretary of the Central Committee of the CPSU (b) I. Stalin
(Pravda, No. 233, August 20, 1952)
Project of the Central Committee of the All-Union Communist Party (Bolsheviks)
Directives of the 19th Party Congress on the fifth five-year plan for the development of the USSR for 1951 - 1955
(3rd point of the order of the day of the congress)
The successful fulfillment of the fourth five-year plan makes it possible to adopt a new five-year plan, which will ensure the further development of all branches of the national economy, the growth of material well-being, health care and the cultural level of the people.
In accordance with this, the XIX Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union considers it necessary to give the Central Committee of the Party and the Council of Ministers of the USSR the following directives on the fifth five-year plan for the development of the USSR for 1951-1955.
I. In the field of industry
II. In the field of agriculture
III. In the field of goods turnover, transport, and communication
IV. In the field of further growth of material well-being, health care and cultural level
The XIX Party Congress decides:
The All-Union Communist Party of the Bolsheviks (VKP / b /) will henceforth be called the "Communist Party of the Soviet Union" (CPSU).
Resolution on changes in the Charter of the CPSU (b)
(Adopted unanimously on October 13, 1952)
The 19th Party Congress decides:
1. To approve the draft Party Rules presented by the Central Committee of the All-Union Communist Party (Bolsheviks) with amendments and additions by the congress commission.
2. To consider henceforth the Party Charter approved by the Congress - the Charter of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
Entire 19th congress documents in English may be downloaded from the site;