Marx-Engels | Lenin | Stalin | Home Page
Stalin- Transcripts from Soviet Archives
"On the Seizure of counter-revolutionary organizations in the western regions of the Ukrainian SSR" - 1941Decree of the Central Committee of the All-Union Communist Party of Bolsheviks and the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR No. 1299-526ss
14 May 1941
In connection with the increased activity of the counter-revolutionary "organizations of Ukrainian nationalists (OUN)" in the western regions of the Ukrainian SSR, expressed in armed OUN raids on village councils, collective farms, and the killing of rural activists, in order to decisively suppress the criminal activities of the OUN, violating the peaceful labor of collective farmers in the western regions of the Ukrainian SSR, the Central The Committee of the All-Union Communist Party of Bolsheviks and the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR DECIDED:
1. Oblige the organs of the NKGB and the NKVD of Ukraine to continue the seizure of members of the counter-revolutionary OUN organizations.
2. Arrest and send into exile to a settlement in remote areas of the Soviet Union for a period of 20 years with confiscation of property:
a) family members of participants in counter-revolutionary Ukrainian and Polish nationalist organizations whose heads have gone underground and are hiding from the authorities;
b) family members of the participants in these counter-revolutionary nationalist organizations, the heads of which have been sentenced to CMN.
3. Bodies of the NKGB and the NKVD to strengthen the intelligence and operational work, ensuring the good organization and conduct of operational activities.
The NKGB and the NKVD of Ukraine to send operatives to help their local bodies in the western regions for the rapid identification, prosecution and removal of members of bandit groups.
4. The troops of the NKVD of Ukraine should be quartered in separate units in the areas of the western regions of the Ukrainian SSR most affected by banditry to use them in the fight against bandit groups.
5. The Central Committee of the Communist Party (b) of Ukraine and the Council of People's Commissars of Ukraine to strengthen the party-Soviet cadres of the regions of the western regions of the Ukrainian SSR affected by banditry.
6. Apply with all severity the order of the NKVD of the USSR on the prohibition, without special permission, of storing and carrying firearms, arresting and prosecuting persons who are found to have weapons without permission.
7. To organize the fight against bandit groups in the western regions of Ukraine, on the basis of this resolution, send the deputy of the NKGB of the USSR Comrade Serov.
8. Instruct the NKVD and the NKGB of the USSR and the secretary of the Central Committee of Belarus, Comrade Ponomarenko, to discuss the issue of carrying out similar measures in western Belarus.
Secretary of the Central Committee of the CPSU (b)
and Chairman of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR I. Stalin
GA RF. F. R-5446. On. 1c. D. 534. L. 104-105. Script.